5.15.2013

BREATHE, BREATHE IN THE AIR [Capital Cities Concert Recap!]


AMAZING SHOW.

My friend and I got to the place around 8pm, where the first band was still playing their set. It was Lovelife from London, UK, and I gotta say, I dig their sound even though I couldn't hear much of the lyrics because of the pounding bass & percussion. I find that usually happens during concerts for some reason.. the bass and percussion just take over! But I liked what I heard. The second band was called Gold Fields from Australia. Very energetic and they totally got the crowd pumped up for the main act!

Finally, around 10pm, Capital Cities came up and started off with their cover of Breathe.

My friend and I were front row so we got an amazing view. From then on, it was straight up heaven. Their stage presence was amazing and Sebu especially did a great job. And their trumpet player was doing everything right. Just KILLING it. After an hour or so, they wrapped up and left the stage but they didn't sing 'Safe and Sound' so naturally everyone in the club starts chanting for them to sing it. They came back onstage, started off with Holiday.
When the opening notes of Safe & Sound started playing, the club went wild! And boy did they SMASH it. It was the most exhilarating live performance I've ever experienced. They ended the set off by jumping into the audience and just dancing with the crowd. I loved the fact that they did this! True artist/fan connection right there.

All in all, I really enjoyed the show. Can't wait for the debut album to drop in a few weeks!



Taste of Lovelife:



Taste of Gold Fields:

0 REACTIONS:

Post a Comment